Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Your Favorite Rifle / Re: Have you changed your favorite?
« Last post by Fredredcj on March 04, 2024, 05:53:23 PM »
I have been amazed by the performance and accuracy of my 45. I believe it has became my new favorite. It has put deer down as well as my former favorite 58 and much more pleasant on the shoulder.
« Last post by Hanshi on March 04, 2024, 12:39:18 PM »
Interesting story of a rifle being born.  Your's is called the "Laser".  We are similar in that I'm sometimes called "Lazy".  Okay not exactly the same but close. 
« Last post by Hanshi on March 04, 2024, 12:30:42 PM »
Although most of mine have an lop of 13" I find 12.5" (my .50 is 12.5") a better choice.  This especially in colder climates where heavier clothes are worn.  In Georgia it was a different story where a t-shirt was sometimes okay.  I don't hunt, of course, so will never know the joy of sitting in a stand in 14 degree weather with a foot & a half of snow on the ground.
Anouncement's. / Re: WE ARE BACK!
« Last post by Hanshi on March 04, 2024, 12:13:00 PM »
Now we will see if anyone bothers to post.
Suggestion Box / Re: Something Stupid
« Last post by Hanshi on March 04, 2024, 12:11:45 PM »
In my youth a few of my friends and I - we grew up like the little rascals - did so many stupid, careless and dangerous things it's a miracle we lived to adulthood.  I may, at some time, mention a few such as having to outrun a train, diamondback carelesssness and more.  But for now here is one about (fittingly) black powder.

My neighborhood was rural with dirt roads and modest farming - vegetables, chickens, hogs, goats and more.  Yes, we sorta ran wild and always found some interesting trouble to get into.
There was a can of Dupont black powder (not sure why) in the house that I, on occasion, would...AHEM!, play with.  It so happened that I found a hole (den) that probably at some point served as home for some critter.  I was aware there was usually a back door for escape used by many burrowing critters but didn't want to waste time searching for it.  I poured a modest dollop into the hole and poured a trail of powder away from it for safety.  Striking a match I had barely touched the ground when the whold thing went off.  I was much too stupid to understand that the angled hole would act like a cannon and that a powder trail of 12" wouldn't allow time to get out of the way.

I lost both eyebrows and a bit of hair on my forehead.  Other than that I was fine with only a mild burn on my hand. 

Now, friends, that wasn't an accident, that was an unabashed STUPID!
Anouncement's. / WE ARE BACK!
« Last post by flintboomer on March 03, 2024, 07:36:25 PM »
Thank Goodness we have the site back.
 flwa flwa flwa
« Last post by Red Badger on March 03, 2024, 06:41:21 PM »
I'm sure Dryball would excuse you since you made a good profit. The important question is, will Di forgive you?

I am sure she did, She is there at Rondy Everlasting, with her son, Dryball, Dandjofaz, and other's who have blazed that trail before us and have no more need of material objects....

Also I have seen this gentleman over the past several months as I sold the rifle at Wol-A-Roc' last fall... His Grandson and Daughter are using it in competitions so I think it will actual see more use than I could give it as the LOP was like 9 or 10 and mine is 14 to 15.... Although it was fun to shoot it one handed and hit the gong 9 times out of 10...
« Last post by Red Badger on March 03, 2024, 06:21:10 PM »
In the early 60's, I did something really stupid....

But I am not gonna tell you all.... :)   :mini-devil-28492:
« Last post by Fredredcj on March 02, 2024, 09:43:41 PM »
Ive done so many stupid things my fingers would surely wear out before typing a small percentage.
Since being burned was mentioned guess I’ll go that route. When I was a teenager I made a habit of throwing kerosene in the wood burner. If the fire would be low I would add a little wood then  about enough kerosene to fill a paint aerosol can about 1/3. When I would close the doors I then opened the drafts it usually lit back up. On rare occasions if it didn't I would roll up a small piece of paper and slide it through the draft. One morning it didn't light up within a few minutes so I thought I would open it and rebuild the fire. While opening the doors the rush of air ignited the fire. I bounced across the room backwards ending up against the opposing wall with first - third degree burns on my face and no eyebrows. Thank goodness there was a fireproof mat on the floor otherwise the house surely would have burnt down. Luckily the scaring on my nose is so faint its pretty much non existent. 
« Last post by Hanshi on February 09, 2024, 01:40:08 PM »
So I let my brother shoot it.  Then my father.  My kids.  My wife.  Nobody misses with it!!! 

I betcha I could miss with it!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]