Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Your Favorite Rifle / Re: Have you changed your favorite?
« Last post by Hanshi on February 05, 2024, 09:05:02 AM »
Years ago for a period of time I burned many cans of Elephant and was quite satisfied, but certainly not overwhelmed.  It wasn't the best but it was good enough to kill deer and hit targets I aimed at.

This has lead me to believe that the powder I was using didn't come from the period that shooters say junk powder was produced.  Just me but I'll use any black powder that's safe and will function in my rifle.  In other words I generally buy the cheapest I can find that will work.  But that only makes me a perfect fit for this forum I guess.
« Last post by flintboomer on February 04, 2024, 07:07:14 PM »
Shooting flint takes the pressure off constantly searching for caps.  But we're all vulnerable at the powder level.

Powder is coming back and so are caps, but it be more expensive than it used to be.

Travelers Antiques and Trading 806 679 9016 travelersantiquesandtrading.com
Toby has both if you are willing to pay the price for shipping and Hazmat.
It hasn't been long since I talked to him about it.

The Travelers branded powder is just repackaged Shuetzen and costs less because it is repackaged from bulk.
I am shooting it and it works great.
« Last post by Hanshi on February 04, 2024, 11:49:50 AM »
Shooting flint takes the pressure off constantly searching for caps.  But we're all vulnerable at the powder level.
« Last post by powderfirst on February 03, 2024, 03:46:43 PM »
I did more than just change my rifle, I went flint which I’ve never done and mainly because of the lack of caps. However, I got the basically same rifle just in flintlock. So far so good
Suggestion Box / Re: Something Stupid
« Last post by Hanshi on February 02, 2024, 12:09:31 PM »
Same thing with me.  Only I had my entire palm in harm's way and that hurt, I mean really hurt.  Over a 6 months period I picked every embedded black speck out with a needle.  That was all it took to learn THAT lesson.
Suggestion Box / Re: Something Stupid
« Last post by powderfirst on February 01, 2024, 09:24:07 PM »
Well, I inadvertently had my middle finger sticking out in front of the touch hole today and got a nice residue tattoo. And no I wasn't "shooting the bird" with either the gun or my finger. Let's see someone be more stupider than that, game on. 
Suggestion Box / Something Stupid
« Last post by Hanshi on February 01, 2024, 10:12:49 AM »
Hey, how about someone posting at least something stupid.  I know, I already do that a lot but let's get some NEW stuff on here.  I need a short break so a little help, please.
Prayer Chapel / Re: Redbadger undergoing surgery
« Last post by Hanshi on January 30, 2024, 12:29:52 PM »
Please forgive me if I inferred an actual physical resemblance to brother hotfxr or myself.  Either would certainly be an insult.

Prayer Chapel / Re: Redbadger undergoing surgery
« Last post by beowulf on January 29, 2024, 05:59:42 PM »
 had to go look in the mirror , but yeah , pretty sure !  ROFL
Handguns / Re: revolver shooting for the fun of it.
« Last post by flintboomer on January 26, 2024, 07:54:11 PM »
I've worn out 2 brass framed colts. One was a really good shooter and won me a lot of medals. Now I mostly shoot a Remington for target and the others just sit there.
My Rendezvous club does not allow revolvers so I use single shots there.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]