Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Prayer Chapel / Re: Redbadger undergoing surgery
« Last post by Red Badger on March 17, 2024, 10:28:59 PM »
Wow, you guys can really hijack a thread.... So to put this train BACK on the rails... I had some spare time and went to Bass Pro yesterday to look for some gear, saw the shooting range and thought I would see how I was doing... Safer than trying the holy black and actually cheaper as well!

Log story short I am happy with the results,  I spent a buck and got 4 minutes of shooting time with one of their fancy laser rifles, the first 50 cents worth was without glasses, I was having an issue seeing the front sight peg, and I scored a 300 out of 400, not to shabby since I hadn't shot at all for about 3 years... The second group was much better at 380 out of 400.  I missed 4 shots going for targets that were at the far end of the range at about a 60 degree angle from me, shots  I would have never tried with a real firearm. so I am ready to load up some BP and go outside and make some smoke... now all I need is a willing partner to hold the camera....  :mini-devil-28492:
Your club / Re: Spring Rendezvous
« Last post by Red Badger on March 16, 2024, 09:15:23 PM »
Wol-A-Roc will be April 12-14th and unfortunatly I will not be attending... I have to run the museum this year and so will be in Muskogee not Bartlesville.
Your club / Site is back
« Last post by flintboomer on March 11, 2024, 09:10:25 AM »
The site is back. I hope we can keep it going after it has been down again.
Your club / Re: Spring Rendezvous
« Last post by flintboomer on March 11, 2024, 09:08:39 AM »
2024 Spring Rendezvous will be April 20.

Sterling Oklahoma
If anyone is interested let me know and I can give you directions.
Anouncement's. / Re: WE ARE BACK!
« Last post by bmtshooter on March 10, 2024, 07:03:35 AM »
Good to see it up and running !
Powder Horns / Re: Wooden flask
« Last post by Fredredcj on March 09, 2024, 06:14:17 PM »
Thanks for the complements. I did very little by hand. I made it on a monarch engine lathe built between 1900 and 1910. My original intention was to make an “essence of corn” bottle to resemble it. I haven't for fear of intoxicating my weapon ;D
« Last post by Hanshi on March 09, 2024, 11:29:53 AM »
I agree, that's a well made wooden flask.  I bet it took a LOT of drilling/boring/scraping/gouging to hollow it out.  But, Ahem! the shape is just so reminiscent of the bottles we usually see filled with, uh, "essence of corn".   chrrs
Anouncement's. / Re: WE ARE BACK!
« Last post by Red Badger on March 08, 2024, 06:36:25 PM »
The server required some maintenance and Bigfoot pulled the plug but forgot to tell me... Hashi sent me an email and when I started looking into it I found the issue and contacted Bigfoot...  Then he mistyped the message telling me that the site should be back by the first of March... (He accidentally typed MAY!) I was frantic and asked him to confirm, he sheepishly admitted  that he had ment March but typed  May... It  is all good and I am sure Dryball is laughing at us from Rondy everlasting...

Jim AKA Redbadger

If any one needs to contact me:
Redbadger1.rb@gmail.com
or 918-625-7645 anytime - I am here for this site. (Unless I am at Rendezvous!)
« Last post by Red Badger on March 08, 2024, 06:25:49 PM »
Looks good to me
« Last post by Fredredcj on March 08, 2024, 10:20:38 AM »
Here is a picture of the wooden flask I tried to post a while back.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10